Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So it's Like Snowing.. And Stuff

Like the teenage title?? Yeah it's like cool, huh??

That's not actually how I talk, ya know..

So let's start from the beginning: It is currently 10:41 am and it has been snowing since 6. I am in a cold, white, wet heaven. I have been waiting for a snow like this all year. It's like 3 inches deep in the deepest spots. I'm really excited because it hasn't stopped snowing at all since I woke up this morning at 6. But I said that :P So even now as it approached noon, the sun hasn't burned off the clouds and it's still going strong. Well the flakes are small, but it's steady. Sometimes getting bigger and faster and heavier, but steady! lol

So this is basically how my morning went down:

6 am, my lovely dog, Dan, is my alarm clock. At this time he demands to be let out so that he can pee to his hearts content. If I don't get up and let him out, he pees on my stuff. So I let him out. But this morning was a little different because I was up so late last night. I was rolling around, trying to ignore his insistent whining. But when I saw the little bit of white through my window, where my blinds had slipped away, I was up in a flash. I let him out and stayed up all morning, not going back to sleep like I normally would, watching it snow. I woke up my friends up with a text that exclaimed, "Snowsnowsnowsnowsnow!" Except for some of them, who, for some strange, bizarre reason, where already awake.

Yeah... I was pretty much excited...

A little before 8, the sun started peeking through the clouds. I basically went berserk. This happened earlier this year: It snowed, getting our hopes up, but the stupid sun came out and melted it all before 9. I basically pummeled the sun back behind the clouds where it's stayed ever since. Even now, as it's 11:16 now, (hey I have other stuff going on besides writing on this blog) it's still there. Although the snow has stopped :( Praying it starts back up again.

Still praying as I have been all morning, for the sun to stay hidden and for it to snow. Come back snow come back!

Other then that... It's been school. A little writing, as I'm deftly trudging through this story I'm writing. It's a little harder to write since I'm using a different writing style, but I'm making it. I have people nit picking it for me. Everything, down to my word choice, is being critiqued. And I'm only like 6 pages in.

And I'm still struggling with not getting to talk to Cassandra all the time. To go from talking nonstop 24-7 to only being able to talk for a few hours in the late afternoon to early evening is about killing me. I feel alone now :/ I go to talk to somebody and she's not there. I know there are other people to talk to and I do talk to them, I love my other friends, but everyone of them is different and they hold me up in different ways and areas and one of those supports was just ripped away. It's a little hard.

I know, I'm being totally selfish. And I would go back over the whole "smile because it's going to get better" thing, but I think Cassandra would pummel me if I forced that down her throat again lol. Just now I miss you and love you, girl!

11:23 it's snowing again!

The praying worked!

So I think that's it... Well, considering I'm doing other things as I type this periodically, I could probably keep you up to date if it's snowing or not all day, but I think I'm going to make myself stop and let you go(:

Don't frown because you never know who's falling in love with your smile...(:
~Jessica

OH! And Happy Leap Year! Can't believe I forgot that lol

No comments:

Post a Comment